Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First Completed Quilt EVER!

Today was a very exciting day; today i completed my first quilt!!! It's about time too, I started this quilt when I was thirteen, and here I am turning twenty in a month! Nearly seven years from start to finish... of course the quilt spent most of those years in a bag in my closet, but we don't need to talk about that.
All things considered it came out quite well. The fabric is cheap, and I was making it up as I went along, but it's a start, right? I'll post pictures in my next post.
The next step is to get the right tools. I desperately need a rotary cutter, mat and ruler but I am a poor college student, so I can only hope that I either find a summer job soon, or have a very lucky birthday.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of your first quilt! I hope you have the fun of making dozens more! It is such a wonderful hobby! Pam in Chico

    ReplyDelete